“If you have good thoughts
they will shine out of your face
like sunbeams and you
will always look lovely.” ~ Roald Dahl
Last Saturday of each month
11.30am until 12.30pm – around 7 to 10 years
Value: £5 per child and £2.50 per additional sibling
Venue: Partington Theatre, Henry Street, SK13 1JY
Dates for your diary:
25th January 2020
Registration Form Children’s Yoga and MindfulnessDownload
Children derive enormous benefits from yoga. Physically, it enhances their flexibility, strength, coordination, and body awareness. In addition, their concentration and sense of calmness and relaxation improves. Doing yoga, children exercise, play, connect more deeply with the inner self, and develop an intimate relationship with the natural world that surrounds them. Yoga brings that marvelous inner light that all children have to the surface.
Regular practice of yoga will reap the following benefits:
- Breathing exercises help improve concentration and energy levels.
- Relaxation techniques clear a distracted mind, allowing for better memory retention.
- Postures help boost the immune system, tone the body and strengthen the core, stabilising muscles of the abdomen and back.
- Posture work helps maintain a child’s flexibility, which can slow down from regular use of being on electronic devices and computers.
- Classes can help develop creativity and self-expression.
- Yoga can help improve self-confidence through vocalisation techniques. Postures can help with day-today anxieties such as separation issues, bullying, lethargy and negativity.
- The practice of yoga improves co-ordination and balance it promotes a healthy sleeping patterns and allows children to explore their intuitive nature and spirituality.